Saturday, March 19, 2011

Jenny's Farewell Interview (Wa wa wa wa wa waaaa)


(Bubblyminty)

Some may just have picked your jaw up from the floor or shook your head disappointedly or shed a virtual tear , or had an angry thought.
Jenny is amny things.
A fashionista is definitely one of them.
If you take off a piece of her outfit there is another piece under that and so on.
Layers , is what these are t you noobs.
One of her talents is this.
I can't do it , because then I would like a noob who tried it.
I and you readers are lucky to read what might be One Of Jenny's Last Interviews On Stardoll.
That was very dramatic I have to say , only way to sum it up


Me: Hi Jenny!First of all , thank you for agreeing to do this interview.How are you?
Jenny: Oh well I am great today, it was my birthday and I have just been so happy all day! All my friends sang Happy Birthday to me in every lesson to mock me and it got quite annoying but I love them.

Me: Well happy birthday in that case!
To some who don't know your leaving , this is a shock to them.
Would you mind explaining why?

Jenny: I am just very busy in my life at the moment, now and in the future wil be very important to me- these hours that I spend on Stardoll be used to study and get the best grades possible. I really want to do well at school and I guess that there is not much time for Stardoll anymore.

I am also deciding to leave because of all the tedious dramas and gossips- the majority of people on Stardoll are so transparent- it is obvious to see that they are what I call "fake". I am leaving all the bad things but I shall greatly miss my dear friends here.


Me: A lot of people leave Stardoll for that reason , but in my opinion if any grades slip its not the Internets fault , to me its really your own.Do you agree or disagree?
Jenny: I agree- at a certain age when you are able to do things, it is YOU who is responsible for yourself. I learned at an early age to take care of myself as my parents were always out working, I was independant at about eight or nine years old. I studied everyday and still done all the house chores when I felt like it! Your own future is in your own hands, and it is one's fault if they fail. Well that is the case usually, most people in the weat do not appreciate education- all they do is just go out and play, have fun, get drunk etc. Whereas if you look at places such as India, children love school, they want to go to school and the ones that are able to will really try at school- education has different values in different places. My parents have always pushed me to do well and I have, I study hours on end, I still go out with my friends and have fun but I was taught to be "selfish". I do not want to be the failure that flips burgers at the fast food store.

Me: Well , I must say good for you :) Moving on , you always have amazing outfits , how much do you think you 'evolved' since day one on Stardoll?
Jenny: When I first started Stardoll- it was through a school friend who recommended this site, I love dressing up the dolls, that was the reason why I was on here. It took me about about a few months later after discovering the website that I made an account. I was amazed by all the amazing and beautiful dolls I saw, primarily the covergirls and I really wanted to claim that title, it was ironic as I do not even care for "Covergirl" anymore, its meaning has diminished greatly over the years. I remember that my first outfits were very simple but I gradually gained some more fashion sense here and made myself unique. I always take inspiration from other users. I remember that my best friend that I first had (she is not active anymore) helped to try and bring out the best in me- she was a 3x CG and won sceneries about 5x...no not Isabella haha, someone else. We always chatted and had fun with each other, we could trust each other but one day she left and she has not some back fully since, we have had snippets of conversation but she is very busy and really miss her. I have been on Stardoll for about 4 years now and I think that I have grown and flourished ever since.

Me:Many people would surely take inspiration from your outfits and you in general , even though this is virtual have you ever wished you were away from the 'public' eye?
Jenny: I know that most people strive gain certain title- and asides from covergirl it is to be an "elite". Do not get me wrong, I love making friends and getting compliment but sometimes it it obvious to see who wants what...fame? And I try to be nice to everyone- even the ones who want to feed off of my "fame". At times I do wish that my profile would be kept low.

Me: What do you think are your biggest achievements on Stardoll , or in the part that include agency's , blogs and fashion lines thats known as 'Dollywood' ?
Jenny: I am not sure what my achievements are. A few years ago I got scenery winner a few times and got 4th and 5th etc in Covergirl, I do not consider them my achievements now- they did mean alot to me at the time and I was filled with glee when I knew that I won, who would not?!

But if you are speaking about right now, I would have to say that being a writer on Medoll Memoires is probably my biggest achievement in terms of blogging and "Dollywood". I am just so grateful that Noelle and Isabella let me express my thoughts and ideas on the blog, I can write about almost anything I want and I love it. Asides from that I already write for a few magazines and am a judge for about two or three modelling agencies and that is it!


Me: Your lucky , a lot of people don't even get those prizes :) What are your favorite blogs to read - besides MDM - and why?
Jenny: I do love MDM a lot, but asides from that I enjoy reading Editorialized, why? I really like the blog because it does not harbour endless gossips, but pure fashion- the blog itself is so classy and has great writers. The posts about scenery's amaze me! I also like LNWC, it is easy and simple to read and of course, entertaining. When Elites exposed was still around- I adored her blog so much, it is sad that Aislin has closed it now, I genuininely liked it.

Me:  A lot of people did.Sorry if it seems I'm jumping from one topic to another . . . .But in real life , what do you like to do?
Jenny: I actually spend most of my time studying, although I do not enjoy it as such. I hate tucking my head into a textbook- it is such a boring task but I want to do well so I force myself to study. Haha, death by studying! I do like playing my piano and my violin, I have been playing them for about 2 years now and I have grown to be quite skillful at it. I also enjoy just hanging out with my friends too.

Me :  What events do you enjoy ? Like parties , or release parties.
Jenny: Well on Stardoll I do not really go to many parties- I find that many of them are quite dull! Although it is very funny to just sit back and watch the crazy and sometimes cruel antics of others.

Me: Are there a lot of days , when you know you should post on any blogs you work for ,  but you cannot think of a single thing?
Jenny: Yeah, I should have posted much more often but I cannot think of anything interesting to write about! I avoid writing about gossip etc- that is what PSG is for and Medoll Memoires is slightly different. I try to post about things with thought and logic behind it.

Me:I think we all hate when we have nothing to post about.
Did you ever think of making your own blog?
Jenny: I admire the people who can start their own blog- like Noelle and Perez. I honestly would not know where to start, it seems like way too much work! And the graphics, writers etc all need to be done, I am just not for that type of thing. I would rather just be a writer and help out the owners!

Me: What is your worst and best stardoll experience , on Stardoll or blogging?
Jenny: Well the best thing that has happened for me on Stardoll is being a writer for MDM, I love that blog, I love sharing my writing with others and I LOVE getting the feedback from others- it is safe to say that I love Medoll Memoires! And of course everyone there. I feel privileged to write for such an amazing blog with many readers etc, I can influence many others by doing this.

Asides from the blogging, it is the beautiful people I have met here on Stardoll; I have made so many fabulous friends. They are understanding and always there for me.

And the worst things? Breaking up with friends


Me: This is sadly , one of our last few questions , Jenny.
Is there any thing you would like to say to anyone?
Jenny:  I have a lot of things to say to many people, but I am going to keep that for the last few days that I am on Stardoll. I would like to thanks all the people that have supported me throughout the years and of course all of my friends who have kept me happy here!
And thank you!

Me: Also , are you sad about your departure from this virtual world?
Jenny: I am not sure, I am going to be quite upset about leaving my many great friends that I have made on here, but I feel that I am glad to leave...I am not sure why- but I feel more "free"!

Thank you Jenny , for letting the readers of SDFC hear what you think :)
I think we'll all miss you , and your posts and not to mention , your amazing outfits.
Goodbye Jenny , have a nice 'break' ? (We wish..)

Lisa xx :)












1 comment:

  1. *crying* bye Jenny I will miss you, what a good honest interview it was really a pleasure to read and the questions were really good to thank you...

    ReplyDelete